T: +39 0318 010304
F: +39 0318 010014
Area S.p.A. con socio unico MXP Business Park Via Gabriele d'Annunzio, 2 21010 Vizzola Ticino (VA) - Italy
Ph. ITA +39 0331 710 000 - Ph. ENG +39 0331 710 001
F: +39 0331 710 100
VAT Number 03016930129
Capital Stock € 10.000.000
N. REA 322683 C.C.I.A.A. VARESE
AREA is the Italian leading provider of technology solutions to support Law Enforcement Agencies in interception activities.
MCR, the flagship system, is a comprehensive solution for global interception and analysis of voice, fax, video and data (Internet or private networks) on any type of wired and wireless connections.
AREA has deployed 200+ MCR installations all over Italy and in other European Countries
In 1996 Andrea Formenti and Davide Perteghella, presently CEO and Director of R&D, founded AREA to create innovative solutions for industrial and security market. Both had important experiences in software and hardware design during the 80’s and their enthusiasm and passion for technology lead them to set up and develop the company and the MCR project.
In 1997, with the first MCR release, AREA reached the goal of realizing a multi-channel digital audio recording system based on standard hardware and software components having the key value in the complete accessibility through the IP network. The success of MCR solutions and its continuous enhancements to satisfy customers’ requirements and technological innovations, allowed AREA to become the market leader in Italy.
Today AREA can rely on a staff of over 100 people, 80% dedicated to R&D, Technical and Customer Services.
- Andrea Franco Formenti, Chief executive
- Giorgio Bertoni, Executive, board member / Director Administration
- Davide Perteghella, Director R/D
Products / Services
MCR: THE GLOBAL INTERCEPTION AND ANALYSIS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM A suite of scalable components, based on LAN/WAN architectures and supported by professional services
MCR Server: the system core providing voice, fax, messages, video and data interception on any type of network (ISDN, PSTN, UMTS, GSM) including Internet (email, web pages, FTP transfer or voice) both from the ISP or the target line (analog, ADSL, wireless, ethernet). Most common protocols are supported and new ones are continuously added.
MCR Studio: a powerful graphic tool designed around MCR server in order to analyse recorded data coming from various sources allowing users to easily build their own analysis models. A set of international standard models are provided with the system.
MCR Office: specifically designed for supporting LEA in order to manage all admin tasks such as court authorizations, costs, suppliers and scheduled activities, providing a complete reporting system with full graphical capability.
MCR main technical features
- Channel High Density (up to 480 per server module)
- High Scalability (virtually unlimited targets)
- High volume concurrent remote access
- Highly efficient communication protocol (even with low performance connections)
- Multi-User real time content playback (up to 128 sessions per server)
- All network architectures supported (from analog dial-up to gigabits Ethernet)
- Advanced Users Security
- Mission critical availability (clustering fault tolerance)
- High capacity storage system (up to 100 terabytes)
- Based on high quality standard HW & SW architectures
We are committed to providing our customers with the excellence. Our organization can deliver a wide variety of professional services.
- 24 x 7 online assistance
- Disaster Recovery Management
- Network monitoring and alerting
- Data Storage Services
- On-site training
- Software customisation
- Consulting on network design and development
- System Integration
- Turn-key projects
- Advanced CRM support
- Long term maintenance contracts
- Dedicated customer management teams
- Technology investment protection program
- Syria in 11/2011
Articles / Events / Situations
|17.08.2012||espresso.repubblica.it||Chi spiava la rete per Assad||SY / BLUECOAT / AREA|
|28.11.2011||bloomberg.com||Italian Firm Exits Syrian Monitoring Project, Repubblica Says||SY / AREA|
|09.11.2011||bloomberg.com||Area SpA May Exit Syrian Monitoring Project||SY / AREA|
|04.11.2011||bloomberg.com||Syria Crackdown Gets Italy Firm’s Aid With U.S.-Europe Spy Gear||SY / AREA / UTIMACO /QOSMOS|